Friday, October 3, 2014

Teddy Bear Parade




It was Trace's turn for the traditional LCS Kindergarten Teddy Bear Parade. He was given the task of creating a float for his teddy bear out of a shoe box. Our family had fun brainstorming ideas over dinner one night. The idea we came up with was a Captain America motorcycle for his bear to ride in. Daddy and Trace were in charge of the construction. I think the finished product was SUPER cute. Most importantly, Trace had fun parading it around the school while the other kids watched.

As a side note, Trace is really enjoying Kindergarten. He was pretty tired the first couple weeks, since he wasn't used to going to school everyday. He seems to have adjusted well now though. The other night I heard him clapping in bed. He told me he was working on his syllables. Next thing I heard was "door knob" followed by two claps. He then proudly told me that door knob has two syllables. It was really cute. He and I have been working on the "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons". We are on lesson 47/100. He is doing quite well. He is beginning to recognize words and is beginning to read multiple sentences. He also has really begun enjoying writing and coloring, which never interested him before. It is fun watching him learn and grow.

0 comments: