Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Recent Projects



Getting my sewing machine out for the girls last month, motivated me to make some things of my own. First on my list was a new wreath for our front door. After some research, I decided on a Hawkeye colored rag wreath. It didn't require the sewing machine, just a lot of cutting fabric and tying knots. Second, I decided to make our Nana Bear a new LCS colored skirt. She LOVES skirts and wears one most days. Her red skirt was getting a little too short, so I decided to try my hand at making her one. It was probably one of the more difficult ones I could have chosen. It has a zipper on the side and bias binding for the tie. Because there isn't any elastic it ended up being too big for her, so she had to use a safety pin for now. Kind of a funny mistake after all the time I spent making it. Otherwise, it turned out pretty adorably, that is if you don't look too closely!


0 comments: