I awoke to find new mouse droppings in my pantry. Trace and I spent the morning buying more mouse traps and getting air tight containers for our pantry. We also hired an exterminator who I affectionately call Mouse Man. Before he arrived we caught mouse #5. Gross, but yeah! Mouse man came and laid mouse poison throughout our house. Apparently the poison is not as harmful to kids and dogs because it is very bitter tasting, so they don't like it. Whereas mice do not have taste buds, so they eat it regardless of the taste. The mice eat the poison and then take it back to their nest to share with their friends. The poison is supposed to make the mice delusional "as if they see cats everywhere" so that they flee our house and then die. In about a week we are supposed to fill in the three potential points of entry into our house, so they won't come back. In the mean time, I'm not supposed to set anymore traps because we want the mice to eat the poison and take it back to their nests versus dying in my traps. Mouse Man thinks that their nest is in our crawl space in our basement. I guess they really like to live in the pink insulation. Anyway, I'm feeling much more confident about my mouse situation now that I have had a professional here to help.
My dad and Sue arrived safely from Iowa this afternoon. It has been great spending time with them. They got to watch the girls do gymnastics this evening, which made them happy.
Through this unfortunate experience I am still very blessed and have much to be thankful for:
- I am so thankful that we have a warm house that mice would want to come into.
- I am thankful I have food in my pantry that mice would consider eating.
- I am also thankful we have enough money to buy mouse traps and pay for Mouse Man.
- Finally, I am thankful that my family was/is here to support me during this experience.
0 comments:
Post a Comment