Monday, September 28, 2009

Smart Girls


The girls both love to color. They were sitting at the dining room table coloring and Kaylee came and showed me what she had been working on. It was a piece of paper and she had taken foam letters and spelled "See that cat a". I told her sentences don't usually end in "a" and helped her sound out "and". I told her to put "and dog" because that would make more sense, so she did. She was so proud of the sentence that she made 3 or 4 more copies of it and kept walking around the house reading it to whomever would listen. It was very cute.

Since starting preschool last month, Kianna has made tremendous progress in her coloring abilities. Kaylee used to say that Kianna scribbled. She would begin a picture and then scribble on it and then be done before the picture was close to being finished. Now all of a sudden Kianna is coloring beautifully, finishing her pictures, and staying inside the lines. It is amazing how quickly things changed. I remember the same thing happened last year with Kaylee after she started school. I'm not sure what the teachers tell the kids, but something definitely clicked!

0 comments: