So this may come as a surprise to my college roommates, but over the years I have gotten a reputation for being quite the clean freak. With that in mind, I spent part of the morning giving my basement a thorough cleaning. By thorough I mean I decided it was time to dust off the tough to reach window ledges above the basement stairs. Of course the ledges sent dust flying all over the stairs so before I was finished I had to vacuum the stairs, something I really do not enjoy. With satisfaction I declared the basement clean and came upstairs. Soon I hear Kaylee going downstairs and hear her yell up "You missed a spot". I came over to see what she was talking about and hear her explain farther "There is dust here. You missed a spot. You missed here too." Sure enough after an inspection on my part I discover my 4 year old is correct. I did dust the railing going down the stairs, but did forget to dust off the part where the railing attaches to the wall. Silly me! I had to laugh because I have heard more than once that Kaylee is a 30 year old in a 4 year old body. My poor little girl, I'm creating another clean freak!!!! Have I mentioned that she often has her bed made before she comes in my room in the morning to wake me up???
I'll leave you with a couple cute stories:
Trace hasn't been around the vacuum cleaner too much and I thought it might scare him. However, instead of being scared he was constantly trying to get it. It would come towards him and he would go after it. It would go away from him and he would stop. Over and over again. It was really cute to watch.
Another cute thing that happened was while I was nursing Trace the girls decided they were hungry for lunch and were looking through the pantry for some macaroni and cheese. Kianna found some marshmallows and brought the bag to me to see if she could have one. Since she didn't eat her breakfast all gone this morning she was on a strict no snack policy until lunch. I told her she wasn't supposed to have a snack and she told me "This isn't a "nack" it is breakfast (AKA: lunch-she gets her meals confused)." Being it was minutes before lunch and she is so darn cute. I had a hard time resisting...
0 comments:
Post a Comment