We are really enjoying living close to the beach. Trevor and I enjoy taking evening walks on the beach. We love going to Coral Cove and looking for shells as a family. We love just chilling at the beach watching the waves crash, watching our kids play on boogie boards and skim boards, and enjoying the beautiful views and sunshine.
We have discovered the power of polarized glasses, as they reveal the wildlife swimming below that my normal sunglasses do not reveal. My friend, Indy, kept telling me that they have seen quite a few spinner sharks on our private beach. One day, while we were at the beach together she let me borrow her sunglasses and I was amazed at the sharks I could see. We have probably seen 6 sharks since living here. We have also seen 4-5 dolphins and a stingray.
Rizzo hasn't been quite as sure about the beach. The waves tend to scare him. He sniffs at them and then they come towards him, so he runs away from them. We haven't been able to get him into the water until this past week when he met a new friend, Scout at the beach. Kelly and I met up to take our dogs for a walk. However, her dog, Scout, was not a big fan of the heat, so after a very short distance Scout decided he would rather sit in the shade. Can't say I blame him!? Anyway, since walking wasn't a hit, we decided to let the dogs cool off at the beach.
Scout loves the water! As soon as we got there, Scout ran into the water and Rizzo followed him. Rizzo went in farther than he ever had before. Scout went in to the point where he had to doggy paddle. Rizzo didn't go in that far, but he did go in!
Later, I had to show Trevor and the kids how Rizzo did, so we took Rizzo for a walk along the beach. Rizzo still didn't run into the water on his own, but he is definitely beginning to let his guard down. He saw a coconut being pushed around by the waves. He was so intrigued by this ball-looking coconut that he went in farther than before. It was so cute!







0 comments:
Post a Comment