| Strawberries from Aunt Sam |
| In the meantime, Trace is having fun with Bryker and Bruxen |
| They went to Sky Zone today. Glad he and Kianna are in good hands. |
Kaylee woke up this morning with a 2/10 headache after a great night's sleep. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for it to get to a 5-6/10. We finally gave in and gave her another oxycodone around 12:45 pm, which brought it back down to a 2/10. She can function at this level, but not at the 5-6/10 range. In order to enjoy life and to leave the hospital, we desperately need to get her pain under control.
We are a little confused about the pros and cons of using oxycodone. It is the only thing that controls her pain but the staff are super cautious about giving it to her as it is highly addictive. They have been giving it to her very hesitantly. However, Trevor asked if they will give it more often to get the pain under control, so she can eat, move and enjoy life. The doctor agreed so we started giving it to her around the clock when she is awake. The doctor also ordered her to be put back on IV fluids as she hasn't been drinking enough.
The combination seems to be working as she was able to walk with PT once and ended up listening to "Adventures in Odyssey", eating strawberries, drinking lemonade and resting more peacefully. She also sat in a chair reluctantly for 30 minutes. The progress is encouraging.
I made it outside the hospital today. Trevor has been encouraging me to go for walks and today was my first fresh air. I gave myself a tour of the medical campus and tried to find some of my old PT buildings. I really enjoyed it, along with another chair massage to relieve stress. They really helped.
I've been wrestling with giving Kaylee back to God. I remember when she was a baby how I struggled with fear that SIDS would take her away from me as she slept unattended in her crib. I remember crying and wrestling with God. Emotionally, I finally decided to let go and give her to God knowing that he created her and loves her even more than I do. I've been wrestling with it again. I know God loves her, but my fear in giving her to Him, is that he will take her from me...
Mercy Me came out with a new song titled, "Even If". I heard it for the first time while walking the hospital hallways. It brings me to tears every time I hear it. I'll share the lyrics in time..
0 comments:
Post a Comment