The girls are on Spring Break this week and instead of having tons of fun, we got stuck hosting our old friend "strep throat". The kids all got diagnosed on Thursday and Friday of last week, which brought about tears as the girls had to miss their pre-Spring Break parties at school. Kianna missed her Easter Egg hunt and Kaylee missed out on a movie and a swim party. Both were rewards she had earned for reaching her reading goals for the month of March. What a bummer they were to miss!!!
On Saturday evening, I made a last minute decision to take the kids back to Iowa for a few days, that is until I woke up on Sunday morning feeling the early symptoms I had recognized a few days earlier in the kids. Bummer dude! I was under the weather until Wednesday, when we did our first "fun" Spring Break activity of going to the zoo with friends. We had beautiful weather and enjoyed our day, although it started out a little rocky. Kianna was excitedly running down the ramp when we first arrived and took quite the fall. It was a horrible fall in which she proceeded to do a somersault in slow motion down the cement ramp while I watched her neck extend backwards. It was a physical therapist's nightmare of a fall. I prayed while I watched it happen that she wouldn't break her neck. Thankfully all she came away with was a scraped belly and hand. Once the Band-Aid was in place, all was well again although I still thank God she didn't hurt herself worse! The rest of our week was pretty uneventful that is until our Easter festivities began, but I'll save that for another post...
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment