Sunday, January 15, 2012

Grandma Gaskill


My sweet Grandma Gaskill passed away this morning in her sleep. Although she will be missed, I consider this to be a blessing because she was 100 years old and is now in the arms of Jesus, her heavenly father. Not only that but she had recently been diagnosed with leukemia and had taken multiple falls, which left her very sore. She now has a new body and can see, can hear, and can remember things like she could in her younger days. What more could I ask for?

My grandma was a wonderful Christian lady, who lived a very meaningful life. I'm so thankful that she and my grandpa left our family with a Christian legacy. My grandma was very active in her community and church. She loved quilting, crosswords, taking pictures, gardening and attending my cousin and I's sporting events. Her and my grandpa even made a trip to Illinois to visit me at Olivet. They were very supportive. I'm very thankful that my kids were able to get to know their Great Grandma Josephine. Trace will carry on the name Curtis, which was my grandma's maiden name. I love you Grandma, but am happy for you that you are now in heaven with Jesus and grandpa. I love you!

0 comments: