Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010






Thanksgiving was a bit different for our family, as we decided to stay in Michigan this year. Despite it being just the five of us, I decided to make the full spread of food. Everything turned out good other than my soggy green bean casserole. I learned the hard way not to cover them. I forgot that the kids would barely eat, so boy did we have a lot of leftovers!

The highlight of the day was the skit the girls put on for us. Both of the girls' classes at school did a great job teaching them all about the pilgrims and the indians. They even made costumes. Kianna's class made indian costumes and Kaylee's class made both pilgrim and indian costumes. On Thanksgiving Day, Kaylee dressed up as a pilgrim and Kianna as an indian. They recreated the original Thanksgiving Day for us. Kianna the Indian, built a fort, while Kaylee got in a boat and sailed across the ocean, pushed by Trace, in our ottoman on wheels. The girls even sang us a few songs. It was adorable to watch, what precious memories!

0 comments: