Before
Our painting project began on Saturday afternoon and took FOUR days to complete. Painting her room was a BIG job because the previous owners decided to paint the border, trim, and door the same color as the walls (hunter green and yellowish). We, however, wanted them all antique white. In addition, they left us three black shelves on the wall and 5 black shelves in the closet, which we also had to paint white. Myself, being highly motivated to complete this painting task decided to paint the door and shelves during nap time. I was the first to open the white paint and so made sure I stirred it good prior to using it (at least I thought I did). However, after having already applied two coats of white paint to the door and one side of the shelves decided to flip the shelves over to paint the other side. It was at this point that I began noticing orange streaks of paint on my white shelves. I looked inside the paint bucket and noticed more orange streaks throughout. I got the paint stick and began stirring the paint again. This is when the paint began to turn "antique white" vs "white". It was a HUGE difference in color. So much so that I had to repaint the door and shelves AGAIN. I was SO frustrated with myself for not having stirred the paint good enough the first time. I swear that I am a pro at making a difficult task even more difficult! Her room was very time consuming, but the finished product is worth it. Kianna even did a happy dance once she was finally allowed to reenter her turquoise room. Unfortunately, we only have 1 room done and quite a few to go...
1 comments:
It looks great Keri! I just finally tackled my powder bathroom - gearing up for the kids rooms next!
Post a Comment