Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trace is 7 Months Old!!!

Trace on his hands and knees.
I'm getting sad that my baby is growing so fast! Really I don't mind if he stays immobile for awhile longer. Unfortunately, I think that crawling is right around the corner, as this past week he began getting up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth repeatedly. He is quite proud of himself. Today I even caught him moving his hand while in that position right before wiping out. Despite not being able to crawl, Trace is getting around although he tends to move backwards instead of forwards. It isn't uncommon for me to find him 5' from where I laid him, whether that be via rolling, turning, or pushing himself backwards. He has mastered the art of pivoting, where he turns 360 degrees on his belly with ease. He has also become a great sitter. He can even catch himself when off balance, although he still falls backwards occasionally.

Trace has successfully made it through all the fruits, veggies, and meats at this point and still LOVES eating. It is amazing how fast he can eat! Schedule wise Trace is still on the same schedule but has been cutting his naps down from 2.5 hours to 2 hours in both the morning and afternoon. He used to fall asleep pretty easily while running errands, but now is staying awake longer and fighting his nap unless he is in his bed or in the car. I can't complain though, he is a GREAT baby! People are always telling us what a happy, smily baby he is and it is true. He is constantly smiling and rarely cries. He loves making eye contact with people and is often staring at someone just waiting for them to look at him, so that he can smile at them when they finally look at him. He is precious! We all love him so much!!!! The girls are great with him. They really enjoy playing with him and talking to him in their sweet little voices. Trace has quite the voice on him. Man is that kid LOUD!!!! We love you Little T man!

0 comments: